Monday, February 07, 2005

Your beautiful Royal Romance (R) wedding in the Royal Lavatory

Okay, so this idea to book the wedding ceremony through Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines was a big mistake. Turns out that the cute little wedding chapel that they tell you about online and in the brochure isn't necessarily where your ceremony will be performed. No, see, they'll tell you the time and location of your ceremony 2 weeks before the date. As for your last chance to cancel your wedding... 60 days prior. So, RCCL reserves the right to hold your ceremony wherever they want, and you have no choice but to go along with it.

Well, I don't consider myself picky, but I don't want to be married in a lounge. I could do the library, even -it'd kinda fit with Ed and I being the nerds that we are, but not the lounge.

Arg! So, I searched Google and found a few wedding consultants in Miami who set up beach weddings or whatever you want. The costs look cheaper or on par with what Royal Caribbean was going to charge for an onboard wedding, so maybe this will all work out painlessly afterall.

Another option is to pay RCCL $600 extra for a beach or courtyard wedding, but then they can't guarantee that it'll be handicap accessible, and we have to make sure that our guests (including a couple of people who have a hard time walking on uneven surfaces) can get to the ceremony site and that they have a place to sit.

I'd really like to do this witout Royal Caribbean anyway because their customer service over the phone has been horrible. Their website says to 'call their Royal Romance Wedding Coordinators and they'll take care of everything for you'. Well, I've called twice and both times I got someone who wouldn't offer any information at all. They'd just answer my questions with "yeah", "no", or "I guess". Not quite what I was expecting.

No comments:

Post a Comment