Thursday, February 10, 2005

Jewelry Addiction

It's sad, but true. I -the original tomboy am now addicted to buying jewelry. It all happened when I was researching diamonds for my engagement ring. I ran into this forum: www.pricescope.com . It has a lot of great information, and the people on there are really helpful and knowledgable, but soon I was checking out the gemstone threads. I thought Alexandrite was really cool because it changes colors depending on what kind of light it is in, but it's pretty expensive. Then I found out that there are color-change sapphires and garnets as well. I found a small color-change garnet for $30 on www.multicolour.com and purchased it. Well, okay, so now I'll need a setting for it... My engagement ring is obviously pretty modern-looking, but I also like the art deco / filigree look of the 1920's era jewelry. So, I started looking at estate sale websites. I found lots of beautiful rings, but few settings or mountings that would take my small garnet. I did find, however, a really cute little butterfly wing necklace. There went another $60. Still looking for a setting, I've found one that I like on www.jansjewels.com. It's not exactly what I was looking for, but I like the price. This really isn't the gem to go all-out for anyway. It's only 6mm x 4mm. No, when I get the ring I really want...

Help! I'm turning into a girl!

On the other hand, it sounds like we might be getting our garage back soon. That means we can either start tearing down Ed's engine :-D or doing my timing belt change :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment