Monday, February 14, 2005

Wedding Cruise Is Chartered!

What's with my luck lately?

On Wednesday I called Fran, our travel agent, but got the receptionist. I left a message asking Fran to give me a call back about the cost of a cabin with 3 lower beds, and saying I had a question about insurance costs.

On Thursday I hadn't received a call back yet, and I wrote her an email outlining my questions and saying that I was disappointed in the lack of communication. I mean, we were still working on cabin pricing and the deadline for the deposit is just over a week away!

Fran called me Thursday afternoon and said she left a Voicemail earlier (I had missed it, whoops!). Turns out our ship's been chartered for the date we had chosen for our wedding cruise, and Fran's been trying to find out what Royal Caribbean was going to do with us. They usually put you on another date and give you some kind of a discount, apparently. So, it's a waiting game. Fran said she'd keep calling to find out what was going to happen, and she said she'd give me an update by Friday.

Friday I had a half-day because of the doctor's appointment in the afternoon, so I emailed Fran before leaving and gave her my home and cell phone numbers. I got no call on Friday. Beemster Travel's open until 1pm (according to their website), but I got no call on Saturday either.

This morning I emailed Fran again asking what was going on and telling her "I'd rather know what's going on then be left in the dark." 'cause that's how I feel. Like I'm in the dark. Here I am, with a wedding to plan, but the date is questionable now. All of my invitations went out with the old date on them, so now I'll have to send out new invitations (or, at least, follow-up letters). I wanted to book a year in advance so we could get all of our cabins right next to each other, but as time passes, that will be harder and harder. I want to tell the people who have said they're coming about the change, but it's silly to notify people when we don't have the new date set yet. It's all a big mess. I wish I could call Royal Caribbean myself just to get this straightened out ASAP. I thought that going through a travel agent would make things easier, but I'm going crazy due to lack of information here!

No comments:

Post a Comment