Monday, January 31, 2005

I got my ring, and Gram's coming on the cruise!

Well, for all the worrying about Gram's reaction to the whole cruise thing, it ended up being no big deal. I told her we were getting married and the 80+ year old lady JUMPED UP AND DOWN WITH JOY! It was so cool. I told her about the cruise, and asked her if she'd come with and she just said "yes". I couldn't believe it! She said she'd go anywhere, she just wants to be there. After Aunt Dolores got over a bit of shock over the fact that we were going to pay their way, they got all giggly and looked over all the information we had. They're both really excited. It turned out better than I could have ever expected.

The other good news is that I got my ring today. I overnighted the diamond to Boone of www.boonerings.com last Tuesday, and it got here (to Hinsdale, IL) on Saturday via Express Mail (USPS, not the fastest option). It looks great, some quick shots of it can be found here for now. Better pics will be posted when I have time. I gotta get the invitations sent out tonight! The only problem with the ring is that it's about a half size too big I think. I'll wear it for 24 hours or so to be sure, but I think I might have to get it remade in a smaller size.

No comments:

Post a Comment