Monday, April 02, 2007

Outlook 0x8007000E and 0x8004010F errors

In an Exchange 2000 environment, I had one user reporting that she could send emails, but she was not receiving new emails. When a Send/Receive was initiated, the following Outlook 2003 error occurred:

Error message when you send or receive e-mail messages in Outlook: "Sending and Receiving reported error (0x8007000E): Out of memory or system resources"

Taking Outlook out of Cached Exchange mode allowed her to receive emails, but she was still getting the following error in Outlook when a Send/Receive was initiated:

Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F): 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'

...the problem ended up being a corrupt email message. I found it by creating a .pst file on her desktop and attempting to export her entire mailbox to it. I got an error saying the "operation failed". From there, I had to figure out where the corrupt message was, so I re-exported her mailbox one folder at a time. I got lucky, it was in her Deleted Items folder, which was both near the top, and easy to fix. Rather than search through the 386 messages she had in the folder, I simply backed up the folder and then emptied it.

Afterwards I did a Send/Receive and it was successful. I tested it a few more times, it was successful each time (it was failing 100% of the time before), so I declared victory and gave the user back her computer.


This page has some other good suggestions of things to try if you are getting the 0x8004010F error: http://forums.msexchange.org/m_140040800/mpage_1/tm.htm

3 comments:

  1. Trust me, i have searched before for a long time..

    YOU nailed IT :)

    i know this is an old one BUT (if your wondering who in is right mind would still use EXCHANGE 2000
    :P
    Well there you go.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, i have searched before for a long time..

    YOU nailed IT :)

    i know this is an old one BUT (if your wondering who in is right mind would still use EXCHANGE 2000
    :P
    Well there you go.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. For convert ost to pst files there is convert ost pst. Next program works under all Windows OS, can work with big ost and pst files, uses simply interface for solving out various troubles with ost and pst files.

    ReplyDelete