Friday, September 10, 2004

Movie Review- Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle

I see a lot of movies. This is my first review. We'll see if I stick with this or not.

Movie: Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle.
Grade: B-
Summary: Harold is an overworked, shy Asian 20-something. Kumar is his best friend -he's under pressure from his father to become a doctor. The weekend comes, and both relax with the help of a little herb. A White Castle commercial comes on and they decide the only thing that will satisfy their muchies is White Castles. The quest begins!

There's a love interest, danger at every turn, potty jokes, and they make fun of every race imaginable along the way.

The Good:
It's... unique. There's some unexpected and original humor in there. There's no doubt that I laughed. It was definitely a funny movie! If you're in the mood for mindless humor, this will definitely work.

The Bad:
It was a little far fetched. I guess that was the point of the movie, I know... Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for this movie tonight. (I really wanted to go see "Garden State".) There's no doubt that this movie would be GREAT if you were high. I wasn't. I was tired mostly.

Closing Remarks:
It was better than your average "brain dead" comedy. It was original and unapologetic, definitely not a cookie-cutter movie. I liked that. Just make sure you're in the mood for this kind of comedy -you'll definitely get some laughs out of this one!.

No comments:

Post a Comment